O.G. Brown Dev Courses Demo: ogbrown-courses
Table of contents
- Live Demo
- Local Demo
- Live Site
This project is a Java Web Application that provides an Educational Website to host online class materials for students attending the various courses. The general flow of the website supports:
- Multiple course offerings, e.g. Start Date 8/1/2017, or 10/25/2017. Most recent accessible directly.
- Multiple Course Labels, e.g. JAVA-1111, XJAV-1122, tracked as the educational agency changes over time. Most recent accessible directly.
- A list of Prerequisites
- Most recent Instructor available
- A list of textbooks
- A default number of class meeting sessions
- A list of course objectives
- A lesson plan by session
- Provides a specific number of class meeting sessions for each offering.
- allows for numerous instructors per offering
- tracks time logistics (e.g. start date, start time, end date, end time, days of weeks, term) for the offering
- has location logistics information (e.g. location, room, seats)
Common Course Pages
Programmatically generates the typical starting pages unique for each course and offering. This saves 100’s of statically stored web pages and greatly reduces the setup time for new courses and saves web design time needed for routine materials.
To see a current version with the demo data visit:
In order to run the application you should configure your Database server correctly. You can do this by modifying the values in:
You can deploy the application on the Java servlet container after running:
To see a live site derived from this project visit:
OOAD: Class Diagrams
Here is a high level UML Class Diagram of the model, repository, and service classes designed for this project. Click on the image then use your mouse wheel to zoom until the image is readable.
Here is a UML Class Diagram of the model classes designed for this project. Click on the image then use your mouse wheel to zoom until the image is readable.
Database Entity Relationship Diagram
- Spring Framework 4
- Spring Web MVC
- Spring Data JPA
- JUnit 4
- Hibernate ORM 5
- MySQL 5.x
- Castor XML
- Thymeleaf 2.1
- Bootstrap 3
Last Updated: 2/3/2018